Kat's freeze plug heater - 300tdi - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
pabrit
Steve Hoare
1949 80"

Kat's freeze plug heater - 300tdi

Is it okay to use the front freeze plug, (behind the alternator) to install a Kat's freeze plug heater?
It appears to be readily accessible without the need to dismantle manifolds etc.

Thanks
Steve H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabrit View Post
Is it okay to use the front freeze plug, (behind the alternator) to install a Kat's freeze plug heater?
It appears to be readily accessible without the need to dismantle manifolds etc.

Thanks
Steve H
Steve:

This is the one I was/am planning to install (Kat's 11441):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

There's a thread around here about it, and apparently it's a perfect fit and an easy swap. However, it's fallen down the list of things "to do".

Hope all is well on your end man, and that we cross paths again soon! How's the truck running?

------ Follow up post added April 12th, 2013 09:53 PM ------

Found the thread...show's you my memory is shot, I'm the one that started the damn thing:
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...=Kat%27s+11441
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 13th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Though difficult to reach, I put the KATz in the center plug location. I figured the heat would be better distributed from there.

Now that I have replaced the manifold gasket (unrelated to freeze plug), I'd say drop the manifolds for easier access to the center plug. Dropping the manifolds is easy to do as all the bolts/nuts are easy to access. I'd advise replacing the gasket IF you decide to go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
pabrit
Steve Hoare
1949 80"

Thank you, Gents.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
300tdi, heater, tdi