Jump seats and bench seats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM
nmc
Noel Corpus
1997 Defender 90 LE

Question Jump seats and bench seats

I was wondering has anyone kept the jump seats installed in their SW and added a bench seat? I'm actually thinking about adding a bench seat and just removing the two most aft jump seats. My reasoning was to have the bench seat for my two young boys and the two forward most jump seats for any additional adult passengers. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Noel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
That would be a lot of legs in a small space...
Old April 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc
I was wondering has anyone kept the jump seats installed in their SW and added a bench seat? I'm actually thinking about adding a bench seat and just removing the two most aft jump seats. My reasoning was to have the bench seat for my two young boys and the two forward most jump seats for any additional adult passengers. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Noel

That's a tight fit. You might be able to do it, but you'd have to mount the bench so far forward that it wouldn't be able to fold. With the bench installed properly I doubt you could get a jumpseat in and still retain floor space for thier feet.

DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2006, 10:54 PM
kolvedic
Bill Lewis
1995 White SW 339/500

Registry
Yeah, I planned this exact upgrade. I bought a fold and tumble Besttop seat. I have tried both configurations and can't see a way to keep either pair of just seats AND install the bench seat. Along with the seat, I think I would have to mount it on top of something to bring the bottom of it level with the wheel wells, otherwise the leg room is not very confortable. Maybe a sliding drawer, with some reinforcement on the top to mount the bench on? anyone have reco's for that?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bench, jump seat, seats