Jump Seat Hardware Question - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Jump Seat Hardware Question

I removed all the seat brackets and had them powdercoated; however, I didn't take close note of which bolts came from where. It probably doesn't matter since it appears that even the short ones are long enough to completely thread through the t-nuts in the seat frame, but I was wondering where the 8 longer bolts go. I have 8 long bolts and 24 short ones, but I am unclear which go where. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I removed both the U-shaped supports (legs) and the hinged brackets, so it appears that one longer bolt goes through each of the hinged brackets, but I am not sure which hole the longer ones should go through.

Thanks in advance for any direction you guys can provide.
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

I think the long ones are for the back rest to roof sides.
Old February 28th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Ok, for future reference. Yes, there are long ones that go through the back rest to the capping, but the ones I was referring to are all for the seat bottoms only. It will probably become apparent to anyone as they begin assembling them (as it did to me) but the long ones go through the pivot bracket for the seat base itself in the corner position. The short ones go through the other side of the bracket and all the ones that mount the legs (supports) are the same as the short ones as well. The frame isn't countersunk as far in the corner though, so the long ones have to go in that position.

Thanks for the reply though Ze!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
jump seat