jump seat bolt size - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 12th, 2007, 08:54 AM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

jump seat bolt size

Hi all~

Does anyone the size of the bolt that mount the jump seat in the tire well?

I tried all the common sources, e.g. dealer, AB, search... but no one has the info.

TIA!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
6mmx1.5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:48 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Hey Imola - you got an M-car? I'm an m635csi guy myself, but my buddy drives an m3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover
6mmx1.5
Thanks for the help! much appreciated!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Hey Imola - you got an M-car? I'm an m635csi guy myself, but my buddy drives an m3.
I had a e46 m3...really do miss that car.

but I'm still looking for a e30 m3!
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:59 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Mmm, E30, hard to find nice ones for sure, but a worthy prize for your effort. I like the cars but don't like the boards. Back in the day, the "Big Coupe Groupe" was cool, but I think its shut down now. I especially enjoy the contrast between the hyperactive old BMW's and the Rovers - its always like learning to drive all over again.

Old December 12th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by imola

but I'm still looking for a e30 m3!
When I first saw Jim's post go up I almost mentioned that I am planning to get an e30 M3 as soon as I have the time for it. Right now all my free time goes into the 110 but...I have always loved the e30 M3. I love those old 6's too but they are even harder to find nice examples of.
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:12 PM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

Quote:
6mmx1.5
Hi Grover

is it 6mmx1.5 inch?

I went to ace hardware and pep boys today and they said it's a odd size, and they don't have it.

appreciate your help!!
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Grover
Mike

Registry
6 millimeter in diameter x 1.5 millimeter thread pitch
Any hardware store should carry them. You can also go to www.Fastenal.com That is where I purchased all of my stainless steel fasteners.

Cheers...

Old December 13th, 2007, 10:50 PM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

Quote:
6 millimeter in diameter x 1.5 millimeter thread pitch
Any hardware store should carry them. You can also go to www.Fastenal.com That is where I purchased all of my stainless steel fasteners.

Cheers...
thanks for the link, there are actaully a store close to where I am.

I just never thought it could be 1.5mm! it just seem really short for a bolt that's used to mount the jump seat to the truck~

anyhow..really appreciate your help~
Old December 14th, 2007, 01:24 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
No, 1.5 is the thread pitch - the length probably doesnt matter so much.

On Defenders, the size of wrench you need to use will indicate the size of the bolt.
10mm head - 6mm bolt
13mm head - 8mm bolt

Sure, there are larger bolts in the chassis and drivetrain but those two are most of what is in the interior and body.

Old December 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
imola
John
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
No, 1.5 is the thread pitch - the length probably doesnt matter so much.

On Defenders, the size of wrench you need to use will indicate the size of the bolt.
10mm head - 6mm bolt
13mm head - 8mm bolt

Sure, there are larger bolts in the chassis and drivetrain but those two are most of what is in the interior and body.
thanks Jim~ this really shows how much I know about bolts.. LOL

have a good day guys!
Old December 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Grover
Mike

Registry
I have stainless steel fasteners used in the jumpseat bases and the original carbon steel fasteners for the seatbelt brackets. Stainless steel does not have the same tensile strength properties as steel (it is not as strong), stainless steel should never be used for seatbelt fasters...

Wow JimC, over 2000 postings...nice writeup on the ST->SW...Many Defenders over in Russia?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
jump seat