Jacking points? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 9th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Marx-110
Simon Marxer
1993/Defender 110

Jacking points?

Anyone have any idea where my jacking points are for the rear of my 110? I found the two holes for the front but cannot for the life of me find the ones in the back? Am I wrong in thinking there would be front and back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM
scrover
Steve Cooper
93 RRC LWB

You have to remove the NAS rear step. It uses the jacking points for attachment.

SC
Old July 9th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

DUDE, the rear jacking points are in your bumper! Only you cannot access them cuz they got filled up with that little step / trailer hitch thingymabobber. i will send you a pic of mine that has bean removed!
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Marx-110
Simon Marxer
1993/Defender 110

Great! Thanks, If I keep the bumper on, cause I am thinking taking it off when I change a rear tire could really slow down the process, can I use the Hi-Lift at the base of the step? Below the tow hitch?
Old July 9th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

I had a muffler shop weld on a couple of approx. 1 inch diameter pipe each side, right at the frame rails. I LIKE the NAS step, and wanted to keep it!
Old July 9th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

I used to put mine inside the hitch opening!
Old July 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
You can definitely use the hitch itself, by putting the tongue of the hi lift INTO the receiver.

An even safer method is to get a shackle and hitch attachment, then use the tongue of the hi lift inside the shackle (from outside the receiver). This is a bit safer because the shackle will not roll off the lip of the tongue on the high lift.

Be careful lifting from the rear like this though. You've effectively made your truck into an unstable tripod when you lift it from the center with a hi lift.

I would recommend getting your hands on a video that reviews basic on hi lifting and recovery. Far too many people have no idea of the danger in using a weighted hi lift. This is the video I would recommend: http://www.bb4wa.com/products/DVD.htm
Old July 9th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Bowtracer
Peter Sherman
NAS 110

Heres what mine looks like.

Follow-up Post:

Dave you are 1000% correct! This very unsafe!!!
Attached Images

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac