It's happening again! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 8th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

It's happening again!

Well as some of you may know Janey, the now famous 110 is making its way back East, Ron brown is buying it from Jim C. Ron is a bit busy, so he graciously asked myself to bring her back east! At first I didn't have a copilot, but my father has stepped up to the task, hes spent some time under my 90 and is a little familiar with Janey.

As of now the plan is to fly out and start the trip back on Sunday the 23. I plan on stopping at the Grand Canyon for a day or so, then hit the National Rally in Moab for a few days, and the fallowing Sunday we'll be heading East! We should have a bit more time, so whenever I have internet access I'll try and upload some photo's of the progress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2006, 06:23 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Living the life, eh Mike.

I have at least one rig at the shop that could be driven to the dump........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:07 AM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Hey Mike, good to hear you'll be at the Rally. See you there.
Advertisement

Old September 8th, 2006, 09:30 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its true - turns out I'm going overseas again and I'm not going to take a 25 year old 110 with me! After relaxing for a year in sunny CA, Janie is going back East.

When are you planning to arrive at the airport Mike? I still havent put the alternator back in since I had it tested. Also, this time, you'll have a roof rack. A gentleman bought the SD rack from my 90, so I'm going to strap it to the roof and he'll get it from you when you get to NH.
Old September 8th, 2006, 10:02 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Sweet!

What kind of phone do you have Mike? Does it support GPS? It would be great to setup a "Where is Mike/Janey" site for the trip.

charles
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Randy it will be great meeting up with the OK group again! I contacted Alan and we should be set for camping with you guys!

Jim I believe I am arriving Saturday the 23rd at 4pm, let me email you that info! A roof rack? Cool, we can stow the doors up there!

You know Charles I have been trying to figure that out. I have the Samsung A930 and it has the GPS location. I have it enabled, but I have not found a way that I can go online and look at my phone's location. If there was a way that one could track where my phone is it would be cool to be able to put up a "where is Mike or Janey on a map"!!!
Old September 9th, 2006, 10:14 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Holy Crap, Hippert you are the man!

Are there going to be T-shirts this time around too?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions