Its cold outside! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
Len Cater
1997 D90
I picked up my diesel webasto cabin heater used for $400. Did not come with the fancy timers, but worked great since it is instant heat. Very little battery draw as it only needed it for the glowplug and small blower fan. Easy to pipe into the fuel line. The only issue is where to put it. Like I said earlier, I had an '83 110 RHD, so under the drivers seat was the tool box area, which fit the webasto perfectly. The output was about a 1 1/2" diam tub which i mounted to the lower floor bulkhead behind the driver seat. It also had an air diverter to postion the flow from there.
Check the used market, and of course buyer beware when buying used.

'97 D90 NAS
'06 Argo Avenger
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team
A Webasto or Espar coolant heater can be had on eBay for around $600 to $700. It is the cat's pajamas. Wonderful. On mine, I added a $15 wireless relay to start it. Even better.

Next would be a block heater. Temro part number 3100087 for the 200 or 300TDI. Much cheaper and work great as long as you can plug it in.

Old November 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
'02 Discovery Kalahari '07 RR SC
D-90 Source Vendor
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
Cold in NC ????

Joel I know you are used to 30ft tall camp fires but ....
Yeah you are right in the aspect that it usually dosent get cold enough here to warrant block heaters and $600 Webasto heaters, but this past week or so has been abnormally cold here for this time of year. Its usually not like this until January, then by the end of Feb its nice and warm. I can deal with it, just worried about the engine/trans always running so cool. Another diesel trait Ill have to get used to I suppose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions