It's COLD (and my heater's dead) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 26th, 2012, 01:59 PM
]-[ @ n $
Hans
Hunting

Registry
It's COLD (and my heater's dead)

But hey, it's Christmas and my happy ass is on vacation starting tomorrow! I'm going to sleep late every day, stop shaving, walk around the house in my underpants all day, and generally be as lazy as possible. This is my dress rehearsal for unemployment. I fully expect to get laid-off in the next few months when our jack-wad president finishes destroying what's let of the economy and my employer's ability to keep me on the payroll. The good news is that bloodsucker won't get any more taxes out of me to buy cell-phones for the rest of the leaches.

But I digress...

The heater on my NAS '97 D90 SW has started blowing cold air. REALLY cold air. I'd sure appreciate a few tips on what I should check first. Heater core? It blows and the cables work. When it comes to diagnosing heating/cooling problems, I'm as clueless as an Obama supporter.

Awe crap... does asking for free info make me look like a freeloading Liberal?

~Hans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ View Post
But hey, it's Christmas and my happy ass is on vacation starting tomorrow! I'm going to sleep late every day, stop shaving, walk around the house in my underpants all day, and generally be as lazy as possible. This is my dress rehearsal for unemployment. I fully expect to get laid-off in the next few months when our jack-wad president finishes destroying what's let of the economy and my employer's ability to keep me on the payroll. The good news is that bloodsucker won't get any more taxes out of me to buy cell-phones for the rest of the leaches.

But I digress...

The heater on my NAS '97 D90 SW has started blowing cold air. REALLY cold air. I'd sure appreciate a few tips on what I should check first. When it comes to diagnosing heating/cooling problems, I'm as clueless as an Obama supporter.

Awe crap... does asking for free info make me look like a freeloading Liberal?

~Hans
If the heater control setup is similar to the 94s (which I'm assuming it is) then there are two cables that go to the heater core...one controls the "flap door" which either lets air in to the cabin or not, the other controls the flow through the heater core. I'd check there first (under the hood) to see if the actual "cables" are doing their job (i.e moving position when you move them in the cabin).
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old December 26th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Hans, a true republican asshat would take it outside and shoot it with an assault rifle fulled with incendiary bullets and hicap magazines.
If you have to ask for help, you are one of the 47%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2012, 02:06 PM
]-[ @ n $
Hans
Hunting

Registry
OK, great. I'll do that in the next hour. Thank you for the info, Nathan.
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:11 PM
michael67
Michael White
110 Tdi

+1 on the flap controller. Those clips that hold the cables in place break and fall off. My heater control cables are held in place with safety wire and cable ties.

Asking for free info & stuff is fine - it's when I do not have the option to say "no" without having a bullet put in my head is when the problems arise...
Old December 27th, 2012, 01:39 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Just open the hood and move the lever the cable attaches to manually. Also make sure your coolant is full, if it is low the heater core will starve for coolant first and blow cold air.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
heater