Is this too fruity? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM
BCN
BRIAN
94/D90/#1337/AA YELLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Axel, just get a can of NATO green paint, some brushes and let the neighborhood kids go at it.

Mindset = Predators love easy prey. I am not easy prey. Situational awareness = you gotta know your surroundings. Trainning = the first incident I was gill flapping (and I'm a Marine!) I got lucky despite making mistakes. By the third one my heart rate didnt rise - I had been practicing.

But that's just me.
Roger that. Semper fi.

I agree with your decision for meeting violence with violence at your door. Defending yourself is a good decision when you have no ability to avoid a conflict and I would do the same... however I have worked all over LA as a firefighter-paramedic and have cleaned up a lot of messes that should have never been. I can't begin to count the number of gsws of both children and adults that I've had to treat (self inflicted, accidental, intentional). I have had both gang bangers and nice normal people beg to not let them die while bleeding all over my rescue. I live in this city and these are the people I see on an every day basis. These aren't professionals, these are civilians at home when a bullet comes into their life... sometimes I can help them... sometimes I can't.

I understand that much of this is a matter of how you decide to live your life ... maybe getting shot and bleeding out at the age of 16 defending your turf is worth it... maybe getting shot stopping a tagger from spraying a wall is worth it... maybe getting hit by a car thief and spending your life in a chair is worth it... but I don't think so. I've noticed how bad ass everybody is until they are broken and bleeding on my gurney. I can take it when it is a cop doing a job but it's another when it's the young mother down the street getting hit with a stray round.

I understand sacrifice and I would lay down my life up for someting irreplacable (a life). All I'm saying is that a truck is a truck and can be replaced.

Defending yourself or loved ones is one thing, confrontation over an object is another. Just remember: no matter how good you are there is always someone faster or better... or just luckier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
I guess I get what you are saying. But having been the target of armed thugs on more than one occasion, I can only speak from experiance, predators seek only easy prey, period. It is a personal choice, be prey or not.
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Axel
jack
1987 Defender 110 5-door

What's that saying "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

But what do I know, I gotta fruity Defender! LOL

Actually, in the interest of getting this thing done, I think he's going to just put it back together, still matte gray but no custom dash, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
The real question is what color are zombies least attracted to?
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Axel
jack
1987 Defender 110 5-door

Well obviously for an answer to this we need to depend on our beloved Federal Government, which just this week told us to prepare for the Zombies (Assistant Surgeon General, through the Centers for Disease Control - your tax dollars at work!). Maybe they'll print some money for those of us with the Ultimate Anti-Zombie Vehicle
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

Hi Axel,

I hate to say it but it looks gay. Like a wrangler unlimited pimped out by pimp your ride.

But it will be a one of a kind!
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
Just stumbled across this thread.

Was this nominated for a "best of 2012"??

Hilarious.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions