Is this bad? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 18th, 2015, 02:16 PM
mcoleman762
Mike Coleman
94 D90 ST/95 D90 SW/83 110

Yep, same system on my truck. I've attached the part numbers. Buying replacements will be expensive. Might be better to properly blank off the inlet ports. But you appear to have all sorts of uh...interesting...things going on with the air injection and PCV systems. As others have said, you have a bit of a mess going on there.

Anyone who has one of these old 110's and still has the original engine and equipment fitted really needs the parts manual.

http://www.amazon.com/Rover-Parts-Ca...+parts+catalog

And here's the workshop manual for the older trucks:

http://www.amazon.com/Rover-Defend-O...orkshop+manual

I'm sure there are versions available for download on the net, but I prefer actual books.

Hope this helps!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0250.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	116350  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Just blank it off. Why would you want it working?

Land Rover. Turning owners into mechanics since 1948.
Old March 18th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Miller
Jon Miller
'85 ROW 110 SW

Registry
I had the same air injection pipes on my '85 110. I removed them and blanked the ports on the exhaust manifold using some proper sized set screws from McMaster Carr. Sealed them up well and haven't had any issues since. The previous owner thankfully also ditched the twin carbs and installed an Edelbrock manifold and carb.

- Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 19th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Landyman1
Landyman
1983 land rover 110 county

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoleman762 View Post
Yep, same system on my truck. I've attached the part numbers. Buying replacements will be expensive. Might be better to properly blank off the inlet ports. But you appear to have all sorts of uh...interesting...things going on with the air injection and PCV systems. As others have said, you have a bit of a mess going on there. Anyone who has one of these old 110's and still has the original engine and equipment fitted really needs the parts manual. http://www.amazon.com/Rover-Parts-Ca...+parts+catalog And here's the workshop manual for the older trucks: http://www.amazon.com/Rover-Defend-O...orkshop+manual I'm sure there are versions available for download on the net, but I prefer actual books.
Hope this helps! Mike
Thanks! I really appreciate you and others taking the time to help me. Defender owners are truly the kindest of the car owners. Maybe even nicer than Canadians...
Old March 19th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90 View Post
Just blank it off. Why would you want it working?
Some states have inspectors do a quick look under the hood to make sure all originally fitted emissions equipment is intact. I use short hex head bolts to block off these ports.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions