Is this a NAS? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4
There was another softtop model in the UK that looked an awful lot like the 1994 NAS softtops...

Do a Google search for images of the Defender Eastnor LE trucks. They look a LOT like NAS trucks, but are most definitely NOT a NAS.

Here's a french one for sale with a 300tdi and the optional hardtop

another french one - this time with the NAS-looking cage:

BTW, on the second link, has anyone ever seem the chequer plate ad-on on the rock slider this guy has? Looks cool - I may want to do that with mine.. keeps em from getting boot-scuffed on the top.

Could this one of them?

Old November 16th, 2009, 01:01 PM
barry f
94 ST #395
I have seen the fiberglass hardtops come up for sale in germany and always wondered why.

Knowing is half the battle

Old June 1st, 2010, 07:40 AM
2005 Disco 3
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
RHD is cool?
Have never given it much thought, but I assumed most ROW truck owners with RHD here simply tolerated it, and, if given the chance would prefer to switch to LHD.
yep, I like it but would switch if i had the cash
Originally Posted by KKilo23 View Post
haha I guess... probably should of said something like the cool factor of having a 300 tdi....
that part i love
~2005 Disco 3 "Moneypenny"
~2008 GTI TSI
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Old June 1st, 2010, 09:56 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"
RHD is the configuration that LR's were really designed for. Everything fits a little better and certain parts are more easily accessed for maintenance (clutch Master Cylinder for example). The Series trucks and early 4 cylinder 90's and 110's all have the drivetrain located quite a bit left of center, making the footwell wider and thus more leg room on the UK driver's side. 300Tdi and later trucks have the drivetrain moved over 1 inch to the right but there is still more leg room on the RH side. This is important to me as I need that room to stretch my left leg out. My knee is pretty bad on that side. So yeah, RHD is better. Its a bit of a pain in North America but it helps if you have ez-pass and don't do fast food. So yeah, I tolerate the troublesome aspects of it but I still prefer it. I have all the parts to do so, but I doubt I will switch over.

I will add to all this that if there was a steady supply of LHD trucks at a decent price I probably would have bought one. But there isn't, yet anyway, and there is still the legroom issue. My 109 two-door has the same interior dimensions as a defender and it is painful to drive long distances. I often end up with my left shoe off so I can get my foot behind the clutch pedal and stretch my leg out. Yeah there are ways to get the seat back further but that brings with it its own set of issues.

Originally Posted by hillstrubl View Post
yep, I like it but would switch if i had the cash

that part i love

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions