Introduction - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Michael110
Michael Dickin
1986 110 Tithonus - Now Sadly Sold

Registry
Introduction

Hi, my name is Mike and I have just joined the D-90 forum so I thought I'd best introduce myself. I am originally from the UK, however have recently moved to Maryland. Back in England I owned a 1994 Defender 90 and a 2004 Discovery 2, however both were sold prior to moving over. I had owned the Defender since 2003 and completed a chassis up rebuild on a new galv chassis about a month prior to moving to the US. I sourced my current Land Rover, an Ex MOD 1986 LHD 110 Tithonus, just before moving to the US, and today after a month of back and forth with the MVA here in Maryland have finally got Title and tags, so just the safety inspection left to go. Looking forward to seeing what the Land Rover community is like here in the US, and in particular here in the Maryland area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

Hi Micheal,
Welcome! You should have brought a rebuilt over. Much cheaper to get it done in the UK then the States.
Greetz from the very North West.
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Michael110
Michael Dickin

Registry
Hi to you up in Canada. Indeed it would have been, but unfortunately circumstances didnt allow it. I finished my 90 rebuild and sold it to a friend before I left, and I know that bringing in rebuilt vehicles to the US is somewhat of a grey area, the difference between a restored and a rebuilt vehicle seems to be a sticking point. I decided to play it save. The 110 I brought over is in really nice condition, and the UK Military kindly put in a rebuilt engine, new seats, a new hard top, roll cage, and wolf type wheels before it was sold off, so hopefully should last a while. I have a few plans for it though, as it is somewhat less civilised than my previous 200tdi 90.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Skeena river rover
jeroen
1997 300 TDI 110

I would keep it like that. It looks cool and bad ass!
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Michael110
Michael Dickin

Registry
I'm not thinking of changing the exterior much, maybe some roll cage spots, and maybe a front winch when funds allow. I will be adding a little to the interior though, as the military spec 110's are a little on the basic side. I have a Rad Haz kit to install on the inside which should help insulate a little. Will install a CB too, and maybe a centre lockable cubby box.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:10 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael110 View Post
I'm not thinking of changing the exterior much, maybe some roll cage spots, and maybe a front winch when funds allow. I will be adding a little to the interior though, as the military spec 110's are a little on the basic side. I have a Rad Haz kit to install on the inside which should help insulate a little. Will install a CB too, and maybe a centre lockable cubby box.
Thank god ... A few more Brits to even the numbers.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions