International 300 tdi parts needed - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old June 15th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Michael Foers
1997 Defender 110
International 300 tdi parts needed

Hi there. I'm new to the forum, I hope someone can help. I bought a 300 from UK and after I got it hear discovered it was the International version, made in Brazil. A 2.8 I believe. I tracked down a head gasket, but when honing out the pistons discovered a cracked sleeve.
Does anyone know where I can get a set of sleeves here in North America? I read somewhere parts are readily available in US.. I live in Canada.

Thanks, Mike

Old June 15th, 2015, 09:46 PM
'98 130CC
It might still be a 300Tdi, what's the bore size ?

MWM made the 300Tdi under license to Land Rover and were fitted in South American versions prior to, and fitted to ROW Defenders while the TD5 was fitted for first world markets from '99 on until the Tdci engines were fitted from '07 or so on.

BTW, neither the 300Tdi nor HS2.8 engine is sleeved, they are as cast bores, so if you have a sleeve, or the bore is cracked it'll need re-sleeving or throwing and obtaining a new bore away anyway.

Easy way to tell the HS2.8 from the Tdi externally, the 2.8 uses a vertically mounted injection pump, the Tdi pump is canted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

300 tdi, part, parts, tdi