Intermittent wiper issue - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 13th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
Intermittent wiper issue

I noticed this morning that my intermittent function on the wipers does not work anymore. The wipers will work fine on full speed and the sprayer works, just not the intermittent setting. Does anyone know how to fix this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2007, 02:43 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
You've got a 95, so I think you've got an intermittent wiper relay located behind the fuse panel and IIRC, its red. This is probably either loose or dead. Its not hard to get to, you just have to unscrew the fuse panel from the firewall, unfortuately you dont have much play because of all the wires, but its an easy swap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
Jim,
Thanks for that info. I pulled off the fuse panel and sure enough there was a red box staring at me. I went on AB's web site and they had a red relay that looked the same. Bought it, plugged it in and now I am good as new. Knock on wood but that was probably the easiest thing I have ever fixed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions