Intermittent Acceleration Failure ONLY from Stop -- 97 D90 - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

No. RPMs are predictable otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Rochebm
Brandon Roche
97' SW #485

pcscharfe,

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? My 97' wagon is doing the same thing and I'd like to hear if you have any suggestions before I start throwing parts at it. Thanks
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM
pcscharfe
pcdefender
D90/NAS 110

Smile

Unfortunately I dont have an answer. I have successfully put it out of my mind. I'd be curious to find out if anyone else has solved this issue. If you have any luck let me know. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcscharfe View Post
32,000 miles on the truck.

The problem is only at the opening range of the throttle when starting from a stopped position. Not at any other time.

I had exactly this same issue. Also, I was going through O2 sensors on the right bank because the TPS was sending too much fuel to that side.

Replaced the TPS, and the hesitant accelerations were gone, and the Check engine light stopped coming on (had to replace the O2 sensor too though)

You definitely have a TPS problem. It needs to be replaced.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Don he did replace the tps and the maf.

I had this problem on my 96 disco (same under the hood as a 97 defender). My gas cap had been stolen that day and I had a trailer in tow. The engine would completely drop out and then come back seconds later as I'm coasting to a stop looking for somewhere to pull off the highway with a wide trailer. This continued for 3 hrs and was getting progresively worse. The next morning I went to try and trouble shoot the problem and couldn't get the truck to do it again. i replaced the fuel cap and pulled and erased the check engine code which was cat efficiency on bank 2. I have driven it about 1500 miles and it hasn't done it again. I'm @ a loss.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
90, 97, 97 d90, ac, d90