Interior Trim Parts Questions - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Viton
Deaf Ember
Smart 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Dennis.

I can post pictures. The NAS manual shows the flat bracket you're talking about. Does that go into zinc sleeves to secure the trim?
A full length picture would help. My seat belt upper attachment sits outside and on top of the trim piece. The seat belt "coiler" sits outside of my trim too. The bracket mounts on top of the trim, once the trim is installed around the window. So, the brackets place is between the seats back and the trim. You can see the bracket(s) once the trim is installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 20th, 2012, 04:44 PM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

I am trying to fit the same trim pieces and need a little help as well. I bought MWC5763LNP (#8 in the diagram) and MXC3276 (#10 in the diagram) but I can't seem to figure out how to connect to the lower bracket (MXC3276) to the side of the truck. Anyone have their trim off and can take a pic of how it connects??? its driving me crazy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-19 at 6.04.35 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	47921  
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Eric, Did you install it? Mine is still off. Let me know if you figured out how to install the lower bracket. Not sure where it goes and instructions/google images etc are non existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eaze View Post
I am trying to fit the same trim pieces and need a little help as well. I bought MWC5763LNP (#8 in the diagram) and MXC3276 (#10 in the diagram) but I can't seem to figure out how to connect to the lower bracket (MXC3276) to the side of the truck. Anyone have their trim off and can take a pic of how it connects??? its driving me crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I thought I'd check one last time before I have this part fabricated. Does anyone have a broken interior trim piece laying around? I need one of the little metal inserts that are glued to the back of it. It's essentially a piece of tubing with a step and a thick washer resting on that step.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Trim Part.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	53891  
Old July 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Eric, Did you install it? Mine is still off. Let me know if you figured out how to install the lower bracket. Not sure where it goes and instructions/google images etc are non existent.
Still haven't installed mine as I can't figure it out. We need someone to do the community a favor and take the trim off, snap a picture as to how the support parts are attached and then post it.

Anyone willing to help us out??
Old July 16th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Bueller?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Anyone have a trashed rear window trim that is about to get tossed? I'm still looking for the little metal insert picture above.
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eaze
Can someone please help me out? I have been waiting on this project for months. Is there anyone who would be willing to peel back their trim and take a few pictures for me???
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

I still haven't installed trim yet either and would love an answer or photo as well. The top bracket is already installed but no idea where the bottom one is supposed to go. The manuals are completely useless in this case and show nothing. Is the bottom bracket only used for certain models?
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Send me your email and I can send you some pictures... Will try to see if i can find the pic to post.

------ Follow up post added October 9th, 2012 08:36 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mybluett View Post
Send me your email and I can send you some pictures... Will try to see if i can find the pic to post.
Look here...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010373.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	58823  
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

That helps. Thanks! I will double check if my lower bracket is installed. Don't recall seeing one like that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
interior, part, parts