Interior Stainless Steel or Checker Plating - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 21st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

I really like the foot mats that Nicholas shows, so if anyone knows where to find this, that would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Nobrega
Andrew Nobrega
'94 Defender 90

Wow, that rebel site has all the right pics, thanks!
Old June 21st, 2004, 05:56 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

From the Rebel site:

"Aluminium Back Body Liners to fit 90/Ser IIA/III and 110 are ideal for concealing any mishaps such as corrosion or electrolysis in your Landroversí rear body"

What good is concealing it? You have to fix it! How are you going to know what's going on under all this shiny stuff? I'll bet you'll install it and forget about it. One day you'll be crawling underneath the truck and see a bunch of corrosion happening. Nice job on your hands then.

Of course, as I said before, if you are hell-bent on looking pretty then there's no stopping you.

A D90 that looks shiny and pretty?! Plllleeeeeease!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2004, 06:07 PM
Nobrega
Andrew Nobrega
'94 Defender 90

If I do this, my plan is not to cover up the corrosion. I've already dealt with fixing the corrosion. My use for the aluminum is to be a removable surface which is durable and waterproof. If I find that there is corrosion underneath, I will simply remove it, clean it again, then put it back in. I do not plan on laying this down as a perminamt surface but a removable one. Presently I have the rubber matting, I tend to move heavyish materials around and thus slide alot of things into the back of the truck. The matting makes this kind of hard due to the friction, but I imagine the aluminum is much better. This is why I am thinking about it for the bed. As for the door skins, I'm just thinking about matching the bed.
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:13 PM
artm
Arthur Maravelis
97 SW

I often load up the rear with heavy items and my solution is a piece of checker plate cut in thirds (front to back) with two piano hinges down the middle. When open it fits the entire rear, hinges down of course, thiings slide easily and packs away nicely when folded.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

Andy,

The site I grabbed it from was one of my favorites, it's a German one though...
The link is: http://www.matzker.de

If you don't speak or read German, you'll have to go to a 'translation' website, I usually use:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
just type in the Matzker link and click 'German to English' and that will translate 'most' of it.
Then click on '4x4 Shop' ... then 'komfort' I believe... it's in there...

Good luck.

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
interior