Interior Cab "Liner" - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Make sure it's not too slippery for you.

Before you line or rhine, make sure to mind the slippage factor. The previous owner of my D90 had rhined or lined (not sure which) my entire interior thinking that it would make it impervious and impermeable. Although it did, it also made it incredibly slick during the winter, despite enough grit to perforate a knee when kneeling in shorts. This will be my first summer with the truck so I'm not sure if this will be an issue all year.

However, the application of whichever product was a few years back and said products could be much better now. Do ask if the product has changed, and if you can, see some examples of either product out in the real world before getting it done (ie humid or cold conditions). I'm all in favor of getting it done again myself, but I want something that will work better. Mine has also chiped off extensively at the edge of the cargo deck. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 pence...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
Epsom_D2
Sean-Paul Ferrera
1994 D90 POE

Registry
In my experience with both Rhino Lining and Line-X, I far prefer the Line-X. The material is harder and withstands abuse much better than the softer Rhino material. The rhino actually shows signs of gouging after moving heavy objects in the bed of one of my F-150s. The Line-X under the same conditions still looks as good as new.

S-P
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
aclarke
Andrew Clarke
1986 110 CSW 200tdi

I think the reason I decided on Rhino over Line-X (although I still haven't done either) is because I heard that the Rhino Lining is softer and a little more forgiving. I figured that would be more comfortable if I'm crawling around the back of the truck on my hands and knees, and possibly if it's more forgiving it might make for a slightly quieter ride, especially in the winter as it cools down and naturally likely gets less flexible.

I'd also heard that the Line-X has small grit particles in it which I'm sure makes it superior for a pickup truck bed, but I'm just not sure about whether it's best for the back of a 110 station wagon.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,
- Andrew.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Line-x is able to change the formula to suit your needs. Rhino tends to fade...

Line-x also has a nation wide warranty, which is none existant with Rhino.

At the end of the day though, the most important thing is how it was prepped and sprayed!

Follow-up Post:

Do a google search "rhino vs line-x", find some truck forums... 9 of 10 will tell you Line-x is the sh*t!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I have noticed that Line-X appears to go on more evenly too. Just to throw that out there.

I went with Rhino Liner, before I was familiar with Line-X. If I did it again, I would definitely go with Line-X. Rhino stuff faded pretty quick and unevenly, and was not very consistent in thickness or texture.

As for the slipping issue, I never had any issues.
Old July 12th, 2008, 07:14 PM
RoverC
Cliff
1997 D90 ST

Ok, what about Speedliner w/ Kevlar?

From their site: www.speedliner.com

# Only spray bedliner to have tested at over 4,800 pounds/square inch in tensile, proving it to be the strongest spray bedliner available, giving customers the maximum protection from rips and tears

# Only bedliner system to use Kevlar® brand fiber by DuPont™, further enhancing Speedliner®’s strength capabilities

# First bedliner product to ever introduce performance enhancers such as rubber crumb, silica sand, aluminum oxide and Kevlar® brand fiber by DuPont™ to improve physical properties such as tear resistance and non-skid, offering more options to Speedliner® customers
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

So what does that mean on the speedliner, 4,800 lbs/sq in? Sounds like my frying pan surface, the teflan (spelling?) one. Strong if you rub it, weak if you stab it. One the flip side, I do like the idea of the color options. Its 100 degrees today and a black liner is not an option for me. Matching the outside I like.
And that release pix of the LR logo - very very nice
Old July 17th, 2008, 11:32 AM
RoverC
Cliff
1997 D90 ST

I had my RW bumper, front roll cage, BB rock sliders & frame sliders all sprayed w/ the speedliner and have taken a hammer to the frame sliders to see what would happen. I was able to "scuff" it slightly, but then wiped it with a cloth and no sign of my ever touching it.
Not sure how it compares with the others, but it is damn tough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
interior