Instrument Cluster - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Kevin Doonan
1999 RR HSE
Instrument Cluster

I just tried taking my instrument cluster out to try and solve the 100k issue using the links that others posted on my earlier post, but i am not able to get the instrument cluster out far enough to let me try and resolve the issue.

It appears that the cable from the speedo to the transmission is just not giving me enough slack and though I freed up as much as possible in the engine compartment, I am still not able to get enough slack/room to begin to take the speedo out of the cluster.

Any advice on this?

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Jamie Austin
1992 110 Td5 CSW & 1989 MB G-Wagen
If you grab the cable where it goes into the back of the speedo head, you'll feel a couple of lugs... squeeze them together and it'll pop off, you can then pull the instrument cluster right out (as far as the wires will let you)

to replace it, line up the inner "cable" into the lug on the back of the speedo, then just push it up in... should click and lock into place.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions