Installing HeaterCraft Heaters - anyone done it? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 10th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS
Installing HeaterCraft Heaters - anyone done it?

Was weighing up the pros and cons of installing either a Mojave or HeaterCraft heater in the front of my D90. I won't install an electric heater bcause it'll throw out insufficient heat and Espar using my gas is not an option. I have decided on HeaterCraft because of it's significantly higher BTU output and 'apparent' ability to provide three toasty heat settings to get over the very poor D90 heater.

Has anyone here done an install of a HeaterCraft? What were the issues as far as the optimum placement under the dash goes, (no, I don't want to heat the rear - make them suffer I say!) what kind of unit you installed 1, 2 or 3 blower unit and how easy was it?

Pics would be great, although any feedback would be fantastic.

The heater has to do a job in average minus twenty degree temperatures up here in Canada and I like the idea of riding in my D90 with the side and back rolled up in non-blizzard conditions at these temps. Toasty body with frozen ears is the picture of bliss I'm paitning here!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions