Installing a belt rail system on a 94 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old April 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Black_and_Blue
Tommy Moore
1994 #1398

Registry
Installing a belt rail system on a 94

Wondering if any of you have installed a belt rail system on a 94 ST? If so, how much work is involved, hoping it simply snaps over the existing buckles. Thanks, TM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2007, 09:27 AM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Are you talking about the rail system for the soft top?
If so, more complicated. The advice I was given is for the rail to the riveted, with the rivets about a 12 inches apart. To look for the post, do a search on tops / badger and or my name paulb.

Let me say, everyone stated the system is simple (note I did not say easy) to do. Sides look to be no problem, the back arround the license plate holder and spare tire holder could be a bit more challenging due to access.
1. Identify placement, 2. drill holes, 3. overlay belt strip and rivet into place.

Good luck

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions