Defender Source Forum banner

Inspection Time at port

Tags
inspection
3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  uc4me 
#1 ·
Hello all,

My '88 90 hit Baltimore port on Friday. Just wondering what the over/under is on how long the inspection hold generally runs when all is clear and uncomplicated.

(I didn't use Doug or Will as I had already gotten the process going before I learned of their services. I did speak to Doug and will certainly use him next time so I don't have to ask these types of questions.)

Thanks,
Brice

#2 ·
I called the shipping company every day asking when customs was going to inspect it and if we could get the process moving, 5 business days later and it was inspected. This was at newark, but remember there isnt just 1 big parking lot at port, there are 50+ (probably more) area's where cargo/truck/containers come into, So I have to imagine CBP is stretched pretty thin.

#7 ·
Wow Mitch, that is a long wait. What port is it sitting in?
If I recall correctly Doug indicated somewhere that Baltimore is a bit faster and that is why I chose to have it delivered there. I'm hoping it does not take that long. Good luck with yours.

#16 ·
My 130 went through Baltimore. It arrived in port on 28 March, and was finally released on 28 April.

I was told that it was one of two there at the same time, and was led to believe by the person handling customs for me that some questions about the other one also held up mine. Don't know why it took so long for sure.

#18 ·
A month or so in Brunswick, Ga. But that was at the height of the seizure games. But at the end of the day you are dealing with the Federal Government and it will clear when it clears and no sooner.

Using Uncle Douglas is the only way to go IMHO as all my paper work was squared away and locked on.

#20 ·
My last one took 16 hours. I had made no arrangements to pick it up as I expected a week+ minimum.
I had to scramble around to get to the port before they started charging me storage.

This was in Tacoma.

There was an Ex- MOD 90 there also. Anyone here get that one? I didn't get a very good look at it, it was at the back fence.

#21 ·
Apparently the answer, in my case is 5 days. Whooo Hooo!

BTW, the shipper (AutoshippersUK) notified me they stuck a photo of my Rover on their Facebook page. Holy crap was that a time suck of drooling over cars I did not know existed and rovers I've seen sell, only to wonder where they are going. Cool stuff.

#23 ·
My Perentie RFSV arrived (my second import) in Baltimore on last week on a Sunday. I called shipping company once a day in this time period, it cleared on 5th business day (friday), 2 other friends Perenties arrived on the same boat, they cleared in 2 and 4 business days. Theirs were more conventional looking and only had 1 exam each, mine had atleast 2 exams, maybe 3.

I would call at your own risk though, I'm not sure how much pressure should really be put on customs :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.