inner fender well treatment - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 17th, 2010, 07:10 PM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

inner fender well treatment

i have decided to etch the top engine compartment side of my inner fenner wells to powder coat them. my question is what to do about the bottom side, any one have any ideas.
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2010, 07:46 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Leave them galvanized?
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:49 PM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

im going to leave them galvinized, just etch the top so the powder sticks. put i thought of puting some kind of bed liner on the bottom, but i wasnt sure how well it would work
Advertisement

Old November 17th, 2010, 09:30 PM
jefhuf
Jeff Huff
'94 D90 ST #655
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I sprayed the bottom side of the inner fender on my truck with some Duplicolor Truck Bed Coating back in May/June. So far it is holding up very well and I like the look. I chose the Duplicolor because it is available in most auto parts stores and is pretty cheap at only $10ish/can. I'll be interested to see how it holds up through a winter but I can always re-do it for another $10!
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:33 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I sprayed the underside of the fender wells on my 90 with black waxoyl. That looked nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old November 17th, 2010, 11:08 PM
orionpco
larry burns
1962 series 2a

this is where i have to admit i have a gearhead problem. i have done 2 60's ford trucks one grand torino gt and 2 jeeps. all have turned out nice but all were over budget . i biggest problem working on my rover build is exactly the same as all the rest of my projects. i have an obsession with every part being clean and new looking. i was hoping i wouldnt be this way with my rover. it has always kept me from enjoying my builds, but this time while i still obsess they same way i have found it much more enjoyable of a project. i even have accepted the fact some things arent just that certain way. i do admit the modular way a rover series or defender is made lends itself to placing a part in place then removing it then replacing it after a few more tweaks. the only thing i dont like so far is the dash not an easy fix when the parts are so hard to get. speaking of dash parts for a 95 nas, anybody have any for sale.
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:28 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Mine are being powder-coated both inside and outside... I having it done in the two tone hammer finish black and silver... I also had all my skid plates and diff guard done the same... Before i get slammed I'm building this as a hobby like a Hot Rod...

It will most likely never hit any hard trails as I don't have the physical ability to go crawling anymore...
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:04 AM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I also used the Duplicolour but used a gun, I also re-galvanized them beforehand and it's been solid.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions