injectors - what can be 'swapped' in? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 1st, 2009, 12:04 AM
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253
injectors - what can be 'swapped' in?

I'm curious, I looked through the 'parts swap' list and didn't see a replacement for injectors. I have one that is running way too rich and I thought maybe I should replace all of them (160K miles), but the cost was ridiculous from LR. The injectors look fairly 'standard'.. is there a replacement I could more cost-effectively swap in?

Old February 1st, 2009, 08:30 AM
1995 SW #487/500

Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hans Haase
The Lab Rat
I got mine from these guys, ended up being local and did a hand-delivery to me. Their sales rep Julie is quite helpful, and dug though the interchange listings and such to confirm they would fit beforehand.
They also have an e-bay store, and the cleaning service seems to be much cheaper if you go via e-bay.
Or just e-mail Julie via their website, and tell her "The same ones as Hans with the Land Rover"

The ones I got were Ford FOTE-D5A injectors. Number 280150943 and they fit like a glove.
No core charge. Almost every mid-90's Ford used them, nice and common.

My oil line fix

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Peter Sherman
NAS 110
I have used these in gems engines with success
Ford Racing M-9593-C302 Fuel Injectors 19 lbs
Here is some fun reading!

Follow-up Post:

some more info

Taken from
Purchasing original Bosch fuel injectors (part number ERR722, rated 23.67 lbs/hr) from the Rover dealer isn't inexpensive. In fact, even at your local discount auto parts store you can expect to pay almost $100 per injector. (Auto Zone lists GP-Sorenson part number 800-1151N at $96.99/ea. They come with a one year warranty.) Mainly for this reason, Range Rover owners have been seeking cross-references to other usable injectors for years. The internet message boards contain several (typically dramatically less expensive) cross-references (e.g. Bosch/Ford 0280150561, Accel 158021, etc.)
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Bryan Tate
I've got a bag of misc. used ones if it helps out..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions