Inexpensive, minor lift ideas sought.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 16th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST
Inexpensive, minor lift ideas sought..

Hello All,

A friend of mine is looking to lift his 94 D-90 (port fitted aluminum Hardtop), but he doesnt want to spend a lot of money on it. He uses the truck primarily as daily transportation, and to get around construction sites (he works in the excavation business). I have three sets of springs around, and a set of OME Shocks that he is interested in using. We have the following springs to choose from:

OME 751s 14.3 230 lbs/inch
OME 785s 17.0 200 lbs/inch
Range Rover Pink/Greens (OEM Rears) 17.2 180lbs/inch

I was considering using the Pink/Greens in the front, and the 758s in the rear, but I think he is looking for a little bit stiffer spring in the front since he does a lot of on-road mileage. I could but the 751s in the front (No winch, stock bumper) and the 758s in the rear. If I remember correctly, this should give him 1.5 maybe 2 of lift (Am I remembering this correctly?) My Question is that I remember people talking about putting the D-90s stock rear springs in the front, and using and OME spring in the rear. Anyone remember which OME spring would compliment this in the rear, and how much lift this combination would give the stock D-90? I believe the stock rear springs are 15.3 and 14.75 respectively and 240 lbs/inch (Anyone care to confirm/deny for me?)

He is looking for 1.5 to 2 of lift, nothing major and running either 285/75 or 255/85 BFG MTs. Thoughts or words of advice? Ive forgotten so much of what was forefront in my mind six years ago when I lifted my D-90. Thanx in advance..

~Scott T.
'95 D-90 ST - AA Yellow
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

Save The Manuals!
Old September 16th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Put the 751 hd springs in front , and put a pair of 764 md in rear. The 764s only cost 150.00 . This setup will give you 1.5-2.0". You can still run the stock shocks. But off rd articulation will be limited by their travel. This setup is perfect for 285 tires. No rubbing You can install with minimal tools. You dont /dont/ dont need a spring compressor. JP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions