In dash wiring? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 9th, 2005, 03:32 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

In dash wiring?

So I decided while installing fog lights that I would clean out the wiring in my dash, because since I bought the car I have been finding dead wires all over the thing, and it would just be nice to know what exactly is going on with everything. Anyways, does anyone have or know of a basic wiring diagram for the wiring behind the gauge cluster? I have the shop manual, and i`m looking at that, and it is all greek to me. I mean, behind the gauges, it should just be wiring for everything on the gauge displays, right? nothing more? I am feeling as if maybe I dug myself too deep with this one....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Man you need to get that thing out here! There is also the beeper thingy (when door is open) the emmsions reset box, the ignition wiring and maybe a few other doodads. What manual do you have? Mine is pretty clear.
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:41 PM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

I`m actually debating driving it out there in August. I`m a student, so I spend half my time in Ca and half in Ma. I found out though that if the car spends more than 4 weeks in Ma, I need to title, register and insure it there, which I don`t know if I can afford to do. Of course it wouldn`t be an issue, I mean, come on, who is going to notice, except for the fact that the school reports such. It`s total BS. So we`ll see if I can come up with the money.

As for the wiring... some previous owner spliced a LOT of wires, so I have decided that I am just going to find somebody here who can rewire all of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2005, 12:56 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Where is the binger, it needs to die.
Old July 14th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Where is the binger, it needs to die.
LOL It took me this long to figure out what you ment by binger! LOL, If you pull the dash out it should e just kinda floating around back there, it's a box with a vent for the speaker about 2"x2"x1". Mine died of natural causes, it got rained on one too many times, then it binged for 10 minutes on the ride home from work, then it never binged again!
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Ron, if you do a LOT of searching, maybe on the d90 list ca. 3-4 years ago there were a bunch of threads on it. If I remember correctly, you just pull the wires going into the box. The box is as Mike described. If you get really desperate, I'll have my dash apart this weekend replacing guage bulbs and can snap a picture for ya.

Tony
Old July 14th, 2005, 11:26 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

I thought it was funny at MAR this year after the Defender pic when everybody got back in their trucks and stuck the keys in the ignition and EVERYONE's binger started at the same time. 50 trucks, lots a noise. And it's a different tone in a Defender than anything else - just one more thing...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash, wiring