In Dash Starter Button - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 4th, 2007, 09:57 PM
matthewwcarey
Matthew Carey
95 D90 SW349

In Dash Starter Button

Anyone have any info on installing a dash mounted starter button? I saw one on a used 95 D90 for sale at a dealer in NJ.

Thanks Matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

You mean like this:

I know thats now what your after but the switch itself is not hard to install. I think I even have a nice one laying around if you get serious.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010947.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	10965  

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
There is a write up by D Chapman on DWeb about putting one in a D1. I don't know if our Defenders and a D1 is similiar in that regards.

www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36683
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Funny enough, I'm using one right now, as my key-driven ignition switch kinda self destructed a couple weeks ago. It's only temporary in my case, but it works.

The wiring part is easy, as you just need to use the 4 wires that come off the back of the ignition switch. One is the power feed. One goes to the accessory portion of the wiring. One is for the Ignition power. The last one is for the starter. Optimally I would go with a 3 position rocker switch and a push button. This way you get the ability to use the accessories separately like a key would allow.

Were you looking to totally remove the key setup? Or still use the key, but have the pushbutton for the starting?

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 5th, 2007, 08:11 PM
matthewwcarey
Matthew Carey
95 D90 SW349

Starter button

Hans

Thanks for the info, the set up I saw on the 95 D90 was used in conjunction with the key ignition. The key would power the accessories and that's as far as it would go, then you would depress a start button on the dash to engage the starter.

Matthew

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash, start, starter