improved braking - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old February 27th, 2012, 05:12 PM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

improved braking

I've got my 1985 110 on the road now but i don't like how it brakes. I now have disk on all 4 and an adjustable proportioning valve at the rear. I decided to replace the original 27 year old booster and mc with brand new NAS parts. Any flaws in this plan that anyone can see? I figure these parts will fit and dramatically improve the feel of the pedal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Macker
Mack Crouch
1988 110 LS 5.3

Registry
No real reason why it shouldn't work. You might just want to run the proportioning valve found in NAS d90's, then you probably won't need your adjustable proportioning valve anymore.
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:58 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
You don't say how it brakes and what you don't like about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
the newer/ smaller master cylinder has been purported to be an upgrade over the bigger 80's vintage part

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:30 PM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

Here's what I don't like- It feels like i have manual brakes. When I start the engine with my foot on the brake pedal I feel it go down. There's power... but not enough to make me feel comfortable. I end up holding 2 feet on the brake while sitting at stop lights to give my leg a break. If i really push hard I can lock them up. Just feel like a lot of work compared to the other rovers I've had like my 89 classic. It had no abs and 37" tires and it felt better.
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
trumphair
Martin
97-D90

The brakes on my '97 90 feel the same pretty much. Over time I have come to accept it and have adjusted my driving accordingly.

It is amusing though when I take a drive in my RR after driving the D90 for a while. The first couple of times I hit the brakes I sometimes nearly break my neck from slamming on them too hard.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions