Imports from UK - Duckworth??? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Imports from UK - Duckworth???

Heya,

Anybody ever buy anything directly from the UK? Found a Company called Duckworth with a bonnet for 250 English pounds. Wondering if import is slow/fast/expensive shipping etc

Also kinda leery. "Ducks" is a term in Cricket meaning "out with no score." Wonder if I'd get my ducks worth...
Advertisement

Old November 23rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

Duckworth Land Rover are actually a UK franchise Land Rover dealer so no worries with dealing with them. It may also explain why 250.00 sounds expensive for a hood!

Shipping costs from the UK to US are a lot more expensive compared with what we pay when paying US suppliers to ship to the UK.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 06:26 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Hood Costs and Ducksworth

Thanks for the info. Kev. LRN is charging $800 for one now and they have to get them from England. The price was 400 BP...But 250 plus the 17.5% VAT is about $600. USD. at a conversion rate of 1.91 to 1. Probably still close to the LRN price after shipping. Frustrated...

Still curious if import permits and custom hassles are invloved. The guys from DW haven't replied to my email anyway.

Anybody know a different source?
Advertisement

Old November 24th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Kev Baldwin
Kevin Baldwin
2.4 Tdci 110 Utilty Wagon

Bob

Sent you a PM.
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Bob,

Are you talking about Rovers North? (LRN reference). They are always very pricey.

I'd suggest Rovers Down South. www.roversdownsouth.com. George uasually has take-off bonnets for sale. I think the last ones he had were around 500 USD. You could have it sprayed and most likely come close to what RN charges.

EwS
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Shake
Bob Hanson AKA Two-Socks
Red 94 D-90 #428

Kev,
Sent you a PM too. A long one... Forgot to mention that I ended up being a peasant and my Dad was a pig farmer. The rest is a dangerous mystery story.

Eric,
Thanks. Land Rovers North it was. Called George about 10 seconds after they told me the price. George (RDS) is out of stock at present. (Note date)
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:05 AM
tim
Timothy Homewood
Defender 50th going topless

Just a note...purchases in UK for export do not attract VAT! Cheers, tim

Follow-up Post:

And for those of you with perhaps bigger needs, there is a company in UK specializing in new 'take off parts'..try http://www.equicar.co.uk/updates.htm. Cheers, tim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
import