Importing Recaro SVX seats to the US? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Daringer
Darin Gardner
1997 D90 SW

Importing Recaro SVX seats to the US?

Does anyone know of someone who has imported this seat into the US or have any ideas on who I can contact to import a pair of them for me?

I know that OEM parts are usually limited to usual distribution paths but this is not an item that LR USA will bring in for me so any suggestions would be helpful.

I have already contacted Recaro USA and they were no help.

Much Thanks.

http://www.recaro.com/fileadmin/pdf/...der_SVX_GB.pdf

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=5599&L=2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Stephen at Safari Rover is usually happy to help. I'm confident that RN would order them for you, but seeing has how they are already allegedly eye-bleedingly expensive, a RN markup would likely make them even more so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 29th, 2009, 07:16 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Stephen at Safari Rover is usually happy to help. I'm confident that RN would order them for you, but seeing has how they are already allegedly eye-bleedingly expensive, a RN markup would likely make them even more so.
allegedly seems like soft for that statement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2009, 07:24 PM
ajh
Andrew J. Hutton
1993 Defender 110 200TDI

I also bring in things from time to time, it is about $400/cubic meter. l am in the process of getting a pile of things from Land Rover Salvage in the UK right now, probably shipping in about a week. So it depends how close to Ottawa you are.

- Parts & Accessories Imported Weekly

- Like us on Facebook for a discount on parts!

- Handmade Soap ideal for Mechanics!
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I have been offered those seats in the past. I may still be able to source them. It takes more then a part number in my experience.

You can PM me if you are interested in having me source a pair.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Mighty
mighty
epsom 110 & stornoway 90

id be interested in a set possibly
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:35 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
They look very nice and comfy. How much are they? Am I just blind or is the price not in the spec sheet? Good thing is that they appear to have been made for the ST SVX, so assuming they'll hold up to sun and rain damage?

Here's a close up pic for more detail. They say 1,400 pounds for the pair here:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=27632
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I wonder if the bottom comes out like the defender seats
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I thought there was another thread where someone said that the bottom did come out, but otherwise they were the same as an off the shelf recaro?

Here you go:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ghlight=recaro
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:08 AM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

OK, let's talk seats. First of all it is important to sit in a seat to see if they are comfortable. There are plenty of seats on the market that look great, but then you sit in them and find that they pinch your thighs, poke your kidney section, etc. Then there is the issue of having to get into your seat box if need be. I had a customer in the shop recently who had Jeep aftermarket seats in the 90 and he thought they were great. I sat in them and found the cushion to soft right off the bat. I told him I would have to drive in these for a few hours and then I would be able to tell him yea or nay. Do your research before dropping a good amount of money on a cool looking seat.

Chris
Badger Coachworks
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

To add to what Chris says, one man's dream seat (like the rock hard near racing shells in my lotus) is another man's nightmare seat.
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:20 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Good advice.

No use making a garage queen out of your D90 because of new seats. Save that for the 37" tires as a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman
OK, let's talk seats. First of all it is important to sit in a seat to see if they are comfortable. There are plenty of seats on the market that look great, but then you sit in them and find that they pinch your thighs, poke your kidney section, etc. Then there is the issue of having to get into your seat box if need be. I had a customer in the shop recently who had Jeep aftermarket seats in the 90 and he thought they were great. I sat in them and found the cushion to soft right off the bat. I told him I would have to drive in these for a few hours and then I would be able to tell him yea or nay. Do your research before dropping a good amount of money on a cool looking seat.

Chris
Badger Coachworks

Old October 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Example: the Exmoor "etreme" seats suck completely. I don't even have a big ass and they completely don't fit.

Old October 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Example: the Exmoor "etreme" seats suck completely. I don't even have a big ass and they completely don't fit.
Didn't you just outgrow some pants that had to go to Goodwill lately.

LOL

Old October 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Ha ha - no, I still fit that into that stuff, but my 90's style wasn't gettin' me any play with the ladies.

Old October 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM
badgerman
Christopher Laws
1964 Land Badger
D-90 Source Vendor

Seats are like shoes. You need to see which will fit and how comfortable are they. Unless you want to look good and be miserable.
Old October 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

"It's better to look good than feel good..." Father Guido Sarducci

Old October 30th, 2009, 12:59 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
The pain in the ass (sorry couldn't help it) is accessing the battery/ECU compartments with many aftermarket options.

I bought Corbeau's off fleabay for $400 and absolutely love them. Getting in and out is a bit tricky but once I'm in they fit well. I've drven the 90 to and from VT from NJ and I'll get out with my back feeling fine. Fatigued but no painful aches.

I redid my my mounts so I can use the small 13mm spanner to undo the bolts when I need to access underneath but I really wouldn't mind a removable bottom.
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:10 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
i liked the stock seats, they were more comfortable than my disco 2's.
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:31 PM
wcampbel@nas.edu
Bill Campbell
1994 D-90 ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by don
The pain in the ass (sorry couldn't help it) is accessing the battery/ECU compartments with many aftermarket options.

I bought Corbeau's off fleabay for $400 and absolutely love them. Getting in and out is a bit tricky but once I'm in they fit well. I've drven the 90 to and from VT from NJ and I'll get out with my back feeling fine. Fatigued but no painful aches.

I redid my my mounts so I can use the small 13mm spanner to undo the bolts when I need to access underneath but I really wouldn't mind a removable bottom.
I have the Corbeau A4's and they are really comfortable once you are in them, but getting up and over the bolster, even on a truck with only a 2inch lift and 33's on it, is a pain. Always seem to rack myself. I got around having to get in the box, by adding a quick disconnect and battery terminals to the outside of the box.

Works pretty good actually.

B

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
import, seats, svx