I'm in trouble w/ the Mrs.. pix of Full Rack install needed - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 6th, 2005, 01:36 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Wink I'm in trouble w/ the Mrs.. pix of Full Rack install needed

Anyone got a few pix of the full rack install? I need the back area attachments where you drill in. Off the owners bio page, I can not find a nice clean and clear set. My rack should be delivered tomorrow and I want it on before my wife finds out. The conversation between us will go like this...
"Gee honey, I don't see anything different with the green thing. No, that piece has always been there. What you think its new!? No, well, um, OK it is new?? Umm, I won it online and all I paid for was shipping."

I need the rack on so I have a place to sleep where the wolves won't get at me when I"m kicked out of the house. I know I need to drill a few holes and I want to make sure I get it correct the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
That is so funny, I once drove with my wife half way across town before she realized the softop was off.
Old June 6th, 2005, 06:55 PM
paulb
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576

Lets see tomorrow.
Delivery is scheduled between 9-5 but still - PST 4pm no confirmation -
I can hide it out back for a day or two, then...
I'll update the actual conversation when it happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Sergeant_V
Abel Villesca
1995 D-90 ST

Did you get the photos you need? I can shoot a picture of mine if you'd like.

Abe
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:13 PM
norros
Nicholas Orros
1995 NAS D90 SW

The instructions that come with a brand new (LRNAFS90RR) safari roof rack kit aren't really all that good, it's more like a parts list. You'll be able to do it, use the ladder as your guide and don't drill until the basket is in place on top.
Oh... The only part I needed help with was after I drilled one of the holes on the right side of the ladder (passenger's side) was having someone hold ONE bolt because I couldn't reach it from the outside and I didn't want to take the door off.

It's cake. Good luck and don't stress over it.

Nicholas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
On a vehicle with a tire carrier, the upper 4 bolts on the passenger side should serve to locate the ladder more or less I would think. Bolt those down and make sure the ladder isnt skewed then drill the other holes. At least thats the method I was planning to use...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, rack