Ignition weirdness - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 5th, 2015, 03:19 PM
1985 Defender 110 3.5 V8
Ignition weirdness

On cold mornings I come out to my 110 and there is condensation on the ignition. So much so that there is a small puddle underneath it on the floor mat. Battery is disconnected too.

Second strange thing that just started happening...when I turn the key ALL the way to start it, the dash electronics turn off (warning lights turn off & gauges go back to off position). Engine will keep turning over but I have to back the key off a bit at which point dash lights come back on, gauges turn back on, and it starts. Great anti-theft feature I suppose but it is getting a bit old!

Replaced the ignition switch this morning but same thing. Any thoughts? Couldn't be starter, correct?

Old April 5th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Capt Milks
Defender V-8, Defender 2.25
I would check the wire from the switch to the fusebox. and of course the grounds.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions