Ignition switch - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 21st, 2009, 06:52 PM
jumping jellyfish
1993 NAS Defender 110 286/500
Ignition switch

The electrical portion of my ignition switch disintegrated. It was completely apart with only the metal shell of the switch still in the lock cylinder. I got a new genuine switch. Problem is there seems to be a piece missing between the keyed shaft from the lock cylinder and the white nylon part of the switch. What does that piece look like? Thanks in advance.

Old October 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Rick Mabus
95 D-90 ST
I had the same thing happen

I had the exact same thing happen. To be honest I drilled out the rivets and pulled the key tumbler put it back together and drilled it back in. The piece you are referring to does not sound familiar. You are lucky your worked out the way it did. I burned up my starter to figure out my key tumbler was messed up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions