ignition module - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old October 16th, 2008, 08:57 AM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

ignition module

Im buildig a 90 up from scratch and one of the problems is that LR has changed so many parts from year to year. My current dillemma: I have an old style 2 pin ignition module mounted to the side of the distributor and the engine harness is from a later model truck that connects to the 3 pin remote mounted module. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to adapt the newer harness to fit the older ignition type? There is an adapter that allows you to go from the old style to the new but not the other way round.(at least I havent found it yet)

There are 2 wires on each, can I simply splice these? The wire colors dont match so I am leery.

should I just fork out the cash and get the remote ignition module and will this work with the distributor I have?

Thanks,

Keith
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

so then I just blank off the engine harness there and bypass the distro mounted ignition mod? Its $94.00 now with a new oil cooled coil. Lower than DAP or any others. Did you have any issues with vacuum advance?
Old October 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

If you want to go with an HEI swap, I'm just about to change over to a mallory distributor, and have an HEI module you can have for free. Only been in the truck since July or so. I've also got a stock coil I'm parting with as well.

Just make sure to re-time the distributor when you do the HEI swap. Depending on which way you wire it, it will swing about 10degrees of ignition timing.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM
rgrrvr
DJ Menasco is The Dude
1995 D90

sure Hans that'd be great, thanks! PM sent

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
mod