I.D. of various hoses on 300TDi? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 29th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I.D. of various hoses on 300TDi?

Hey,

Can anyone out there give me the ID of the fuel hoses that run to and from the engine mounted fuel filter on the 300TDi. I also need the id of the power steering hoses that run to and from the stock reservoir. I know I could just pull them but I would like to order them today and won't be able to get up to the truck for at least a couple days. Thanks.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

This probably isn't what you want, but I used AN-6 braided line.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier
This probably isn't what you want, but I used AN-6 braided line.
On the PS or Fuel? It will help I think. Thanks.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Fuel. But rereading your original question, I used the AN-6 to and from the fuel tank. From the lift pump to the filter and from the filter to the fuel injector pump, I used stock. I should be at the shop tomorrow and I can measure if you wish.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier
Fuel. But rereading your original question, I used the AN-6 to and from the fuel tank. From the lift pump to the filter and from the filter to the fuel injector pump, I used stock. I should be at the shop tomorrow and I can measure if you wish.
That would be cool. If I remember right, they're just cheasy little plastic lines, but your saving me an extra trip. Thanks.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Correct stock is stiff plastic - I'll measure it and the PS line. Engine is out and in pieces, so it's easy
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hoosier
Chris Hinkle
More than I need

Stiff plastic fuel lines - 0.310" OD and .050 (approx) wall thickness. = aprox 0.2" ID

PS Hose (reservoir to pump) - 0.625" ID
Old July 1st, 2008, 01:19 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I can look up the part #'s for you tomorrow afternoon.. I am at work now.
Old July 1st, 2008, 01:35 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
I can look up the part #'s for you tomorrow afternoon.. I am at work now.
Thanks a ton man but it's all custom now. I need to make new stuff.

Thanks Hoosier.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
It is 3/8" tubing (nylon most likely). No hoses are used. The tubing is a much better choice for fuel line than hose....
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

Buck...
I KNOW that truck didn't have power steering way back when...you did that? My compliments.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:27 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkase
Buck...
I KNOW that truck didn't have power steering way back when...you did that? My compliments.
Thanks Red90. Can I ask why?

George! Good to hear from you. A lot has changed!! You want me to send you pictures of what your truck looks like as version 2.5?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old July 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Thanks Red90. Can I ask why?
Fuel "hose" is normally an oil resistant synthetic rubber. It can be degraded by some chemicals like Biodiesel. If you use hose, try to find nitrile hose.

Nylon tubing is inert to any of the chemicals found in an automotive application. If you like overkill, you can use Teflon tubing which can also take relatively high temperatures.

Follow-up Post:

Doing a bit of research... Nitrile may or may not be suitable for Biodiesel depending on brand...
Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90
Fuel "hose" is normally an oil resistant synthetic rubber. It can be degraded by some chemicals like Biodiesel. If you use hose, try to find nitrile hose.

Nylon tubing is inert to any of the chemicals found in an automotive application. If you like overkill, you can use Teflon tubing which can also take relatively high temperatures.

Follow-up Post:

Doing a bit of research... Nitrile may or may not be suitable for Biodiesel depending on brand...
Cool thanks. So if I have no intention of using Biodiesel, I am cool with a standard fuel hose?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Cool thanks. So if I have no intention of using Biodiesel, I am cool with a standard fuel hose?
Sure, but as stated, all the stock fittings are based around tubing.

As to PS, I believe 1/2" and 5/8".
Old July 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red90
Sure, but as stated, all the stock fittings are based around tubing.

As to PS, I believe 1/2" and 5/8".
You rock, Thanks

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
Correction, the PS is 3/8" and 5/8". Just checked the hoses I bought to do mine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
300tdi, tdi