I can't drive 90mph - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Vadim
vadim
95 D90

Hi.Question to Ron. Ron did you drove on highway with new chip yet? I just want change my chip too.Do I have to buy reguliar Disco 1 chip or I need to reprogramm it too? I have 1995 D90,you think I can do this modification to it? And at last ,I am wonder if I need to change just chip only,or its any adjastment involved ?Sorry for so many ????
Thank you in advance
Vadim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:56 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I have not driven on the highway yet. I will confirm when I do. (BMW gave me a loaner so I am driving that little POS as it has a roof and AC)

You need a regular disco I 94-95 cold start prom. (part number is above)

Just swap the chip and all is well. No reprograming, no adjustment. Your ECU is under the passenger seat on a 95 D-90.

Ron
Old August 8th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Vadim
vadim
95 D90

Thank you Ron.I will try that.
Vadim
P.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2004, 04:42 AM
jaherring
Jason Herring
94 D90 ST #1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
90 is the average speed on the turnpike. I kept hitting the rev limiter so I disabled it. The disco is the same as a D90 engine wise. 1994-95 DI cold start PROM.
The reason I asked about the engine is that I noticed somewhere that the same engine in the same year Disco and Defender had two different power ratings - the Disco engine was slightly higher. I forget where I saw that & what year it was regarding, though - but I'm pretty sure it was the 3.9L V8.

So, I didn't know if this is simply because of the chip, or if something else was subtly changed -- such as the fuel injector size or maybe the throttle body having a higher CFM rating...
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Vadim
vadim
95 D90

To Ron Brown.Did you drove you upgraded D90 with new chip on hwy? I am ready to install this chip in my 95 D90.
Thank you
Vadim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags