Hydraulic Dampner - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old June 12th, 2010, 03:38 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Hydraulic Dampner

Has anyone with a SW or 110 that have upgraded the cargo door stay to a hydraulic door shock setup... ? Ive seen a setup for sale but i'm looking for the DIY approach...

I was looking at cutting out the channel that the old set up sits in and put a flat plate on there for rigidity.. Then weld tabs to support the door end of the shock... Use the door sill bracket to support the shock at the body end..

Seems pretty straight forward... I don't know how many times that dam door has closed on me on off camber situations but no more...

Any pictures or constructive opinions would be appreciated
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions