Hub nut! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 27th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90
Mike, that was classic

JP, I'm running the prototype 110 CV's with different heat treat than the others (Third season on those bad boys with all the abuse they can take) and I think I'm using the same spindles but I could be wrong.

World traveler
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:19 PM

Yah john after I posted i remembered the key groove. JP
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Barry O'Mahony
97 D-90 SW LE
Well unless the washer tab gets sheared off, the nuts still can't rotate.

I thought about the seals not being properly recessed, too, but it sounds like they've been tightened enough by now.

If the nuts ain't turning, the only way things can get loose is by the bearings changing their geometry. If this is the case, they're being overstressed; the hub design really isn't up to the loads being put on it. Wheel offsets especially put tremendous stress on hubs and bearings.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions