How to remove dash part - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old May 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM
bd90
Brian
94 Arles Blue #1644

How to remove dash part

The gray plastic piece inside the dash that covers the air vents. Is there a trick? Have removed the two top screws and the two gray plastic push rivet type things that I thought were holding it on but it won't budge. Trying to replace the windshield washer jet and tubing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Rosproline157
Matt Oaks
1992 Defender 90

Registry
Bump. Same problem
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:34 PM
jefferson
Jeff A
97 Defender 90 SW #593

I did this recently and its a pain. I may have done it the hard way though. There are indeed two large push pins as well as several smaller ones along the bottom where it meets the "tray". Mine also had two little screws somewhat hidden along the top edge. I pulled the top of the dash off and also removed the plastic coping that runs along the edge of the lower part of the dash. I then then just carefully wrestled it out. Keeping the vent controls in the closed position was easiest. I had to flex it a bit to get it out.
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
On my RHD truck, I had to remove the lower airbox and top crash pad to remove the grey plastic thing.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
On my RHD truck, I had to remove the lower airbox and top crash pad to remove the grey plastic thing.
me too, but I had my wife use her tiny hands to actually replace the washer jet, there isn't a whole lot of clearance even with that part of the dash removed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
dash, part