How to get started... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old August 13th, 2009, 12:17 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsiderob
There is a black D90 for sale here locally in Albuquerque. Was bought new here in 1995, lived it's life in Gallup, NM. 145K miles, looks to have lived it's life on the road...still has the sway bars. Mechanically-it runs well, drives nice, transmission shifts well, decent brakes, new tires. Has a manageable bit of leakage from the t-box. The paint is faded on the wing tops & hood and there is a bit of minor body damage on the RF and RR corners. The chassis & bulkhead are both excellent--not much rusts in the desert. The soft trim bits have deteriorated--seats need recovered, door seals and rubber mats are shot, dash pad is cracked. Has a fiberglass hardtop in poor condition, but also a Bestop that looks to have seen relatively little use. No A/C, but it does have a factory winch. Would make an excellent starter D90. If anyone is interested, you can PM me with your details and I will pass them on to the owner. I believe he is asking $17.5K.

This sounds like a good truck. No rust is a 5k premium in my eyes.
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2009, 08:28 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemangreen
As a new D90 owner, I highly recommend listening to the folks on this board. I've had a Disco 1 for almost 10 years so I got to know some of the common Rover issues. By reading a lot of the threads and watching the trucks up for sale, I got to know even more about Defender (90 ROW, NASD90, etc,) specific issues and what the sales prices are for the different trucks' conditions.

As others have mentioned get to know what to look for or have a local owner give you their opinions. Get all your personal financial ducks in a row and be prepared to make an offer on a truck when you see the right one for you.

And above all, the best advice I received from this board was "buy a truck with the least miles and least rust that you can afford." I waited several years before the right variables aligned to put me in a position to get my 57K miles, no rust D90, so patience helps too.

Good luck on your search.
Bout time you got a 90. Congrats.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
He runs a hard top, in the desert, with no A/C? Wow...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Roadsiderob
Robert Dassler
1994 D90
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRNAD90
He runs a hard top, in the desert, with no A/C? Wow...

Don't laugh.....I do too! It's a dry heat.....

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
This sounds like a good truck. No rust is a 5k premium in my eyes.
Yeah,
This will be a good truck for someone. A good day spent reupholstering a couple of seats and replacing some rubber parts is much easier than tackling a rusty chassis. This truck really does drive nice. The tire carrier, third brake light, and front exo cage have been recently repowdercoated as well and new bushings put into the tire carrier.
Old August 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
That sounds like a great truck to me Rob. He can re-upholster seats, get new rubber etc over time, but use it all along.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...threadid=21398

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
start