How strong are the PTO plate bolts? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 1st, 2006, 10:20 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

How strong are the PTO plate bolts?

Looks like I need to get the PTO cover plate off to check the splines on my good 'ole LT-77 output shaft. But I'm a bit worried about the condition of the cover bolts, and don't want to snap the heads off of any of them. You just HAVE to love steel bolts into aluminum cases, but I digress....

Anybody else have any pointers on this one?

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2006, 10:39 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
If you have trouble getting the bolts out, the silver lining is that the rear of the t-case is easy to access for drilling out and re-tapping. I'm sure someone who actually knows something (like Rob D) can say for sure, but many of the holes in the t-case go all the way through, so the fasteners stay nicely lubed. I have a bad front seal on mine anyway, so my entire chassis is self-lubricating, but I digress...
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:50 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

I may just cross my fingers and ignore it a bit more too. It just has to last another year and a half until the truck is paid off, I plan on doing an R380 swap and new clutch then anyways. Or maybe a ZF, haven't decided yet.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
bolts