How much $ do you have into your rebuild? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 21st, 2011, 03:59 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

Smile

I put $10,000 in a truck that just need 2 fenders.

talk about might as well.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	defender97front.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	42163  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 97 defender.bmp (334.2 KB, 54 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2011, 09:35 PM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

restore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM View Post
A lot depends on your definition of the always vague and often mis-used word "restore". If you were restoring to pristine original, off-the-factory assembly line condition, then - and, no offense intended - the amount you've spent so far is chump-change.

If you are taking the more common route of restifying/refurbishing/modifying and use a lot of non-original and aftermarket parts to create a nice driver or offroader, it will likely be less expensive, (and result in a more reliable/capable/fun vehicle.)

Make no mistake about it, either way, your checkbook has a lot of heavy lifting left in front of it...

The most simple part of ANY restoration is already behind you, namely the acquisition of the truck itself.
I love this thread! Lots of valuable insights.

I am taking this more common route mentioned above. Even though I stripped everything down to the frame and started over I am restoring it to what I want (and can afford) with what I have access to. I'm looking forward to having a rust free daily driver with a fuel injected 4.2 ltr, automatic, and air conditioning but I know it won't be pristine or original by any means. I'm going for tough, cool looking and semi-practical. I really want to see this thing on the road already but I'm absolutely loving the rebuild process. It gives me a great feeling of accomplishment and I'm definitely learning a few things along the way. It realy helps to have an older brother who was a Land Rover master tech at the dealer for a dozen years living near by. I'm taking alot of pictures along the way and am looking forward to making a build thread in the project section when I'm done, which I hope to be in about 6 months or so.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
slorocco
Dan Prasada-Rao
1963, 109 Station Wagon

You should start the build thread now, not when you're done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

Will do

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
rebuild