How do I get my radio to work???? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old November 26th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Question How do I get my radio to work????

A couple of months ago, I had about 3 inches of rain drop in my SW over about an hour. When I got back to the truck, the radio wouldn't work, and displayed code. Well, one of my labs stepped on the radio buttons a couple of days ago, and now it displays 1234. I have the radio code, but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I just installed a Sirius system, and would like to be able to use it.

Thanks

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2003, 05:39 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Chirs

Once an incorrect code has been entered you have to wait an hour before entering it again. However, this is only for a 97 head unit as far as I know. But it's worth a try. If this doesn't work, disconnect & re-connect the power to it either through the battery or through the radio itself and try to enter the code again.

Although I doubt this is your problem seeing how the radio failed to work after amounts of rain in biblical proportions dumped on your D90! Same happened to me a few days ago but luckily I left my Carhart over the console. In that case you might want to check out your connections. I'd pull the head unit and check the pigtail-blocks. On a 97 there are two blocks that plug into the back of the radio. One is for the speakers and the other should be for your ground, hot leads, etc. etc. Hopefully this will help you out.

Regards

DJ
Old November 26th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Krna
Andy Krna
1997 D-90 ST AA Yellow

mine got drenched in the rain this past summer, same thing happened. display would go on, but could not enter any numbers. there was no fixing it. had to get a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Thanks for the help guys. Went to Circuit City tonight and got a new head unit.

Chris
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:28 PM
BOMB334
Joe Dougherty
1995 Defender 90

I had the same problem of not being able to enter the numbers after my radio losing power. The screen just read 1234. I disconnected power and waited, then turned the power back on and the screan read
_ _ _ _ and I still could not enter numbers. In despiration I held down the BND button for 3-5 seconds, since I read tsomewhere hat turned the blinking anti theft light on and off, and bingo, the display read code in. I know this is too late to help chris, but maybe it will help someone in the future.
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:49 PM
andys
Andrew Swieck

Hey Joe THANKS! 95DEF 90 After discoing a dead battery and not having the code right away..let it sit with the wrong code in it, unplugged plugged back in and got ---- instead of code on and sure enough holding down the BND button for five sec did the trick! Wowo a rover problem that did not require getting my hands dirty to fix..amazing!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
radio