How are Defenders on the highway? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
I have never seen a rover in person
There are two big differences between a D90 and a TJ. First, the TJ is RWD so it handles like crap in turns. Second, the TJ is much softer sprung than a D90.

My experience is that a D90's ride will beat the snot out of you and be painfully loud in a softtop, but actually handles fairly well for a > 6ft tall short box.

*not legal advice*
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
NAS SW l NAS ST l 110 SW | 110 Crew
My 97 D90 SW cruises at 75-80 no problem....yes it is louder then a "normal vehicle" but no complaints. After 3 hour drive though it does get a little uncomfortable (no cruise etc).... ST is obviously louder but that is going to be expected. If you add Dynamat or the equivalent, it will help cut down on road noise. My suggestion is find a member local to you and take a ride to experience the true feeling.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Dave Sherwood
1994 D90 ST
On most days with the top off...who cares how it is heaven.

Mine does 80 just fine...but I think there was some tweaking of the transfer case at some point...

Old November 22nd, 2010, 03:11 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110
I will add, as long as its running good and strong the way its suppost to, I don't pay attention to things such as this, plus with a nice system and with the right passengers, I'm having too much of a good time to be paying attention. My D90 is my fav go to party ride to the clubs and just about anywhere else.
A guy told me one time "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat from around the corner"

Robert Deniro
Old November 22nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Dont dome guys have to keep the winshield wipers on at all times on the highway.

Not me the double cab is not much of a chick magnet...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions