Hot wire somewhere - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892
Hot wire somewhere

I think there is a short somewhere in the electrical system. I have been melting teh ends of the brake light bulbs every month or two and around the same time I melt teh fuse to the rear lights/gauges/turn signals. When the fuse is start to go, the relay buzzes real loud for the signals and when I press the brake pedal I can see my gauges fall. The fuse is the right size and if you look at it close up bubbles are in the plastic where the plastic is melting.

1995 Defender ST
1996 Discovery SE7
2008 LR3 HSE - Wife's

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old September 18th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Mike Hippert
94 D-90 Grinding Rover
OK someone need to find the ground for the lights, I know of 2 Defenders localy that have goofy problems with the breaklights and the turn signals ad I am almost positive that it is something to do with bad grounds.
Don't forget to Search first then ask questions later! The loose nut behind the wheel

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions