Horn Switch Access - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Horn Switch Access

Hi folks,

On the turn signal stalk, how do I open the stalk to gain access to the horn switch?

Basically, there is an end-cap to the stalk that you push to actuate the horn. The switch is contained within the end-cap, but I cannot remove the end-cap.

I disassembled the turn signal switch and the solution to the problem does not lie within the turn signal part of the stalk. It is located underneath the end cap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
Figured it out. Can be pried gently using a large flathead between the gap of the large part of the stalk with the endcap.

You must pry a very small amount on each side of the gap evenly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hornswitch.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	42212  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
ac, horn, switch