Hood rattle - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 5th, 2016, 12:13 AM
'89 110 County - 200TDi
Hood rattle

I am having an insane hood rattle. It visible warps and slams around, it broke off the hood prop and is the loudest part of the truck. It is only on idle and stops with the smallest amount of weight(putting my hand on it will stop it). Any thoughts on a solution? I recently took the hood off to repair the radiator, could I have improperly seated it?

Bonus working on the 110 picture

Old February 5th, 2016, 12:20 AM
1989 110SW 1 of 2,000,000
Do you have the plastic pieces that go between the bonnet hinge half and the bulkhead hinge half?

:O [==] O:
Old February 5th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Chris Davis
94 D90, 88 RRC
Are you using the rubber stabilizers atthefront left/right? They extend/retract by screwing them in or out. Sounds like you are balancing between hood pin (which also screws in/out as well) and one of the hinges at bulkhead. cbeck the bulkhead hinges and make sure plastic inserts are in place and that one of them isn't separated from bulkhead. Next make sure front pin is low enough and/or lower it. Look at contact point of rubber pubs at front left/right and adjust those, too, if need be...

------ Follow up post added February 4th, 2016 10:24 PM ------

Yeah, those ^^^^^^^
Old February 5th, 2016, 07:07 AM
Is it possible that the engine itself is hitting the bonnet?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

hood, rattle