hood adjustment - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old July 5th, 2006, 04:15 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

hood adjustment

just got my wingtops powder coated, and there isn't enough space for them to fit between hood and wingtops, at headlights there is a 1/2 inch gap, back by hinges the hood rubs on wingtops, is there an adjustment, or do hinges need to be raised(which would be a ton of work)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2006, 05:22 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

The front edge you can adjust by bringing the fenders up and the slam panel down. There is a good bit of adjustment in the front. make sure you loosen all the connection points and then move it otherwise it will twist funny.
On the back make sure the fender is fully seated in the angle cut outs where it attaches to the bulkhead. You have to push down pretty hard while someone tightens one of the bolts to make sure they are "seated". If the sills are on you might loosen them to make sure the fender is all the way down.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:56 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
The front edge you can adjust by bringing the fenders up and the slam panel down. There is a good bit of adjustment in the front. make sure you loosen all the connection points and then move it otherwise it will twist funny.
On the back make sure the fender is fully seated in the angle cut outs where it attaches to the bulkhead. You have to push down pretty hard while someone tightens one of the bolts to make sure they are "seated". If the sills are on you might loosen them to make sure the fender is all the way down.
If fits fine in the back. by looks it is fully seated, the sills and all the lines match up in the back perfect. If I raise the front up to be closer, or do I drop the slam panel.. Is the hood latch adjustable I see it takes a standard screwdriver to tighten the spring. How many bolts are involved to loosen the front, by chance do you have any pics of what you are talking about. If I make the hood in the front lower, how would this fix the back where it rubs, or should I raise the front which would make more sense to me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

So, back from the grave. The front of my hood sticks up a good 1 inch compared to the back. Several people have asked me if it's shut, and it is. The limit bumpers aren't even close to touching, and you can see the spring from the front. Is there any way to adjust that? I can stick a slotted screwdriver into it, but it ain't budging. Any ideas?
Old April 7th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Jon_Winningham
Sterling M Archer
1995 AA Yellow NAS D90 #2986

Registry
Yes...

There is a big flat nut in there you have to lossen up first, then you can tighten the slot with your screw driver.
1995 NAS Defender 90 AA Yellow #2986: Current
2009 Range Rover Supercharged Black/Black: Current

1993 NAS Defender 110 #375/500: Sold
1995 NAS Defender 90 Soft Top Beluga Black #2556: Sold
1991 Range Rover Hunter Green: Sold
1997 NAS Defender 90 Station Wagon Portofino Red #128: Sold
1993 NAS Defender 110 Beluga Black #215/500: sold
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

I'll give it a shot. I saw that nut.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

mine was the fix mike said. I took it to a body shop and it looks perfect now
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

What is the "slam panel"?
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
How did you adjust the gap in the rear of the hood?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Tags
hood