Home design 3 link system - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Old December 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Remember that on the Center link there is 6 times more force applied to that arm than a standard radius arm sees.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2004, 03:23 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I agree with David, I bet you will have to change that link. With all that force I think the bushing will wear and you will get alot of play very quickly and the fron end will be knocking back and forth and making it very sketchy at the wheel.
Other then that, It looks great.
Old December 19th, 2004, 06:42 PM
UKlandyandy
Andy
'86 exmil 90, 3.9efi auto

Will see how it goes, if I need to then it's not a big job to fabricate a new x-member mounting and get a link made up. Will prob go for one with rose joint ends if I do have to. At the end of the day it's all good fun and what I like about Landy's. There big toys to be messed with.....

Cheers,
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKlandyandy
Will see how it goes, if I need to then it's not a big job to fabricate a new x-member mounting and get a link made up. Will prob go for one with rose joint ends if I do have to. At the end of the day it's all good fun and what I like about Landy's. There big toys to be messed with.....

Cheers,
Andy
Thats all fine and good but when these things go it's not like a broken half shaft. It breaks, your front end moves, your truck follows. I would think hard about building it right the first time.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:53 PM
ezzzzzzz
Mark Garrenton
Too many here or gone to list here

I'm building a 3 link too. I find it sadly humorous that the basic question asked by Andy was never answered. Everyone wants to put in thier two cents worth and the subject goes off on some awkward tangent. My center link is being built using poly bush 1" rod ends (3/4" bolt hole) and 2" DOM .25" wall tubing. That should be sufficent for any loads placed on it including a head-on collision. The drawings of the brackets were the very tihng I've been looking for. Thanks, Andy!!!
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

congrats

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions