High Oil Pressure Causes? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:48 AM
1995 D90
High Oil Pressure Causes?

300 Tdi with about 800 miles on it. Just did the break in oil change. Truck runs great overall. It's been sitting two weeks. Drove it yesterday and immediately after I started the oil pressure shot up over 80 psi (Gauge is set to alarm at one 80 psi). After the motor started to warm up the oil pressure dropped down to 30 psi at idle and 50-60 psi driving. Those have been the more normal numbers for her since the gauge was installed. She's been leaking oil from various different points over the last few weeks so this is the first time she isn't leaking oil.

What can cause this?

Old July 15th, 2012, 10:25 AM
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP
totally normal fail safe mode of sending inmediate lube to critical parts of a cold engine, oil is cold, filter is full and sytem is primed, as soon as it starts, oil runs thru the galleries, as engine begins to warm up, viscosity begins to thin and thus your lower o/p, in winter you may see up to 100 psi for a short time. (maybe not the the best explanation but you get the point)

Old July 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130
Man I wish I had the problem of TOO MUCH oil pressure in my old girl...LOL..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Defender & Series Technical Discussions > Defender Technical Discussions